Info for new members
Membership is open to people who are active in the area of psychological research in adolescence. Their activity must be evident through their contribution to the study of adolescence, for example, in publications, in contributions to international conferences, or by some other means which can be appraised by the committee. Students enrolled in undergraduate or graduate study qualify for Student membership.
There are three membership categories:
- Full members: Those who have obtained a doctoral degree or comparable qualification and who work in a European setting- academic or otherwise- which is involved with adolescent research.
- Associate members: Those who have obtained a doctoral degree or comparable qualification and are engaged in psychological research with adolescents in a setting outside Europe. These members have no vote in issues concerning the Association.
- Student members: Those who are currently working on pre-doctorate levels and whose research interests include adolescence. Such members have no vote in issues concerning the Association and its policy but are entitled to all other provisions of the Association.
Membership rates are paid for two years linked to the biennial conference schedule. Fees include the Journal of Adolescence, EARA Newsletters, a Directory of Members, and reduced registration for EARA meetings. The biennial fee is presently EUR 150, and includes a non-optional 2-year subscription to Journal of Adolescence. For student members the amount is EUR 15, with an optional 2-year subscription to Journal of Adolescence for EUR 90. Applications received prior to October 1 will be processed for the current year and membership will be retroactive to January 1. All publications from the current year will be sent upon processing of the application. Applications received on or after October 1 are considered eligible for membership effective the following year.
Biennial Membership fees
|Full/associate members:||EUR 150,00|
|Reduced fee for full/associate members*:||EUR 90,00|
|Student members:||EUR 90,00|
|Student members, Non-Journal:||EUR 15,00|
*There is a reduced biennial membership fee of EUR 90 for members from the following countries: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo- Brazzaville, Costa Rica, Cote d’Ivoire, Croatia, Cuba, Czech Republic, Dem. Rep. Congo, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Equatorial Guinea, Egypt, El Salvador, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Lithuania, Macedonia, Madagascar, Malaysia, Malawi, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Papua New Guinea, Pakistan, Palau, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, Samoa, Slovak Republic, Solomon Islands, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Suriname, Syria, Tajikistan, Thailand, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Turkey, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen.
Members receive the following membership benefits:
- Reduced fees for the Association’s Biennial Meetings
- Reduced subscription fee to the Journal of Adolescence
- Free Newsletter twice a year
- Up-to-date information on congresses, research and grant opportunities via the website
- Free electronic Membership Directory
- 20% discount on the volumes in the Studies in Adolescent Development (SIAD) book series (published by Psychology Press)
How to pay membership:
You can pay the membership fee or renew your membership online using Paypal or creditcard (using the membership area on the site; log in; explanation).
You can also pay by bank transfer:
IBAN: NL76 TRIO 0784 8213 05
On name of European Association for Research on Adolescence.
Triodos Bank, The Netherlands
Description: Membership fee EARA for < < your name>>
If you have any questions regarding your membership, please contact:
University of Groningen, The Netherlands
In keeping with the SRA/ EARA relationship and to strengthen membership, SRA’s Council recently approved a student discount for SRA membership for EARA student members. The discount is 20% off of the Student Journal price. Student members will be informed by email on how to profit from this reduced fee.